Info about me

Beale AFB for now, California, United States
I'm a loving, sarcastic, self pro-claimed genius family man. On September 28 2010 I had an anterior/posterior spinal fusion; L4-S1 were worked on. I am currently employed by the USAF for now and I have been working out for the past 11 yrs. I have been married to my wonderful wife Kate for 7 glorious yrs, and have a badass 5 yr old Vince. That's about it for now.....

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hooray for supplements

So my supplements showed up earlier than I expected yesterday which was a nice unexpected surprise.  The chewable amino acid tablets are different but they're not horrible.  The pump-bol is fucking awesome!!!!  I took one scoop yesterday even though I wasn't going to the gym because it was a rest day; the pump I got from that stuff was unreal.  I took 2 scoops tonight when I went to the gym to do shoulders and I got an incredible pump; I got some nice focus as well.  It's been a long time since I had a pre-workout supplement that has worked this great.  My doctors appointment went well today.  Nothing new to report to her; the only thing that we discussed was that the weaning off the drugs will start at the end of the month.  The only hardcore pain right now is the muscle soreness; its freakin unbelievable right now.  And as far as my back is concerned its sore and stiff but nothing like its been before.  I really should have done this surgery sooner, but either way I'm glad I got it done.  Plus the time off from work is super awesome; and it also gives time to get everything in order in case the Air Force decides to kick me out.  I'm really hoping that they medically discharge me; I'm so sick and tired of the fucking bullshit that goes on here.  Its funny because you would think that you would get smarter as you make rank and gain job experience throughout the years.  But unfortunately it doesn't work like that; its exactly the opposite.  I have busted my ass over the past 10 yrs and I have got nothing but shit in return.  Actually that's not true; I now have 8 screws, 4 brackets, and 2 rods holding my lower spine together.  Sad part is that I'm only 29 yrs old; surgeries like that usually are for people 15-20 yrs older than I am.  All this crap has just made me stronger and more bitter lol.  I'm done ranting and spilling my guts for tonight; so peace.

3 comments:

  1. Do you still check this?? I had a similar experience, although mine was from falling. I had an emergency spinal fusion within a few days. I have nerve damage running down my left leg and chronic pain. Do you think weight lifting is ok??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do workout. I used to do free weights but unfortunately I would do too much and end up feeling like crap. I also have chronic pain which I have meds for, but what I did was buy a home gym machine. I've had less pain than free weights and have finally gotten back in shape. Let me know if you need any other info

      Delete
    2. I am 6 mos. post-op from having a fusion performed on L-2 through S-1. 2 rods, 8 cages I think, and 12 screws. Along with having my right shoulder completely overhauled 5 months prior to that, I am feeling great. I have not felt this good in 20 yrs.(I'm 42) I've lived a pretty rough life up until I just couldn't stand the pain anymore and decided to let the doctors do their magic and get it over with. I wished I had the surgery years ago. I had 3 ruptured discs, 1 missing disc between L-5 and S-1, 2 broken facet joints which was allowing my spine to settle toward the inside of my pelvis. Long story short, I'm an inch taller now, and feel great. Just started lifting weights again after 20 yrs of abusing my body. I'm taking it real slow. All movements are done purposely. I'm very careful to not make mistakes. Although, I am limited (typical stuff; no dead lifts, no high impact exercises, etc. etc.)
      I can live with that. I've been at it for 2 weeks now and can already feel the addiction starting to settle in. I haven't felt that since I was in my late teens. In the last few years I've traded my physical career for one that allows me to sit at a desk, which is the only reason I only took off work 10 days for the back surgery and only 3 days when they fixed my shoulder. Yes it was miserable for a while but I finally was able to get comfortable and make it work. I'm really glad I had the surgeries and if I could give anyone advise in just a few words it would be to walk, walk, walk, walk until your sick of walking and then start walking again the next day. Walking keeps the core muscles from getting really weak plus speeds the healing process by promoting blood flow. As I've stated, I feel great ! on a scale of 1-10, my pain level is 0. That said, I can do stupid things and make the pain go up(you know the drill) but sitting here typing this I have absolutely NO pain and I haven't taken pills since the 2nd month after surgery. If I sit on my ass and watch TV, I get sore, stiff, then depressed, so I have to keep myself busy doing something. I hope this will help someone. I'm always available if anyone wants to chat.

      Delete